Online Banking Terms & Conditions
By logging in to eBanking you are consenting to receive the following disclosures, terms and conditions, and other notices electronically.
We recommend you read these disclosures carefully and that you keep a copy for your records.
FedChoice Consent to Receive Disclosures Electronically
The following disclosures are required by the federal Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act ("ESIGN"). Acceptance is necessary prior to use of bill pay; you can record your consent to the ESIGN and the bill pay disclosures by placing a checkmark in the "I have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions of service" box on the previous page.
Your consent here does not automatically enroll you in eStatements. You must complete a separate enrollment to stop receiving paper account statements by U.S. Mail.
Electronic Delivery of Disclosures & Notices
To use FedChoice's Bill Pay service and to access, receive and retain the disclosures, notices, forms, etc. you must provide at your own expense an Internet connection device compatible with FedChoice's Online Banking and Bill Pay service. You device must meet the minimum requirements outlined below.
System Requirements to Access Information
To receive an electronic copy of the disclosures, notices, terms and conditions, other documents, and forms you must have the following equipment and software:
- An Internet browser that supports 128-bit encryption, such as the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari
- An email account and email software capable of reading and responding to your email
- A personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of supporting the foregoing
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit
- A printer that is capable of printing from your browser and email software
- A telephone capable of accepting either a voice response or text message
- A software which enables you to receive an access Portable Document Format or "PDF" files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader® (available for download at adobe.com). Your access to this page verifies that your system/device has the necessary software to permit you to receive and access PDF files.
System Requirements to Retain Information
To retain a copy of the disclosures, notices, terms and conditions, other documents and forms, your device must have the ability to download and store PDF files.
REQUESTING PAPER DOCUMENTS, WITHDRAWING CONSENT AND UPDATING INFORMATION. I may request paper copies of the disclosures and other information at any time. You will send them to me by mail without charge. I may withdraw my consent to receive electronic disclosures at any time after this application is completed. To request paper copies or withdraw consent or update my contact information, I should contact FedChoice Financial Advisory Center by calling 800.969.6151 or 301.699.6151.
You are responsible for:
- data input of payee information (payment amount(s), name, address and any other pertinent information); you must allow sufficient time for bill payments to be processed so that the funds can be delivered to the merchant on or before the due date;
- any late payment, late fees, interest payments, and service fees charged by merchant(s) because of incorrect information or failing to schedule before the due date;
- any overdraft, NSF or stop payment fees charged by the Credit Union because of these transactions;
- maintaining a current, valid email address and review of email notifications; and
- reporting any inaccurate or suspicious activity to us by calling 301.699.6100 during business hours.
This section explains our liability to you only to the extent that any other agreements, notices or disclosures have not separately disclosed our liability. In no event shall we be liable to you for failure to provide access to your Online Banking or Bill Pay services. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, we are only responsible for providing Online Banking and Bill Pay services as delineated in this Agreement. We will be liable for the amount of any material losses or damages incurred by you and resulting directly from our gross negligence.
We will not be liable to you in the following instances:
- If through no fault of the Credit Union, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, power outage, equipment or technical failure or breakdown) prevents the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- If there is a hold on your account, or if access to your account is blocked, in accordance with Credit Union policy.
- If your funds are subject to a legal proceeding or other encumbrances restricting the transfer.
- If your transfer authorization terminates by operation of law.
- If you believe someone has accessed your accounts without your permission and you fail to notify the Credit Union immediately.
- If you have not properly followed the instructions on how to make a transfer included in this Agreement.
- If we have received incomplete or inaccurate information from you or a third party involving the account or transfer.
- If we have a reasonable basis for believing that unauthorized use of your Password or account has occurred or may be occurring or if you default under this Agreement, the deposit account agreement, a credit agreement or any other agreement with us, or if we or you terminate this Agreement.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our affiliate companies, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless against any third party claim, demand, suit, action or other proceeding and any expenses related to an Online Banking or Bill Pay account.
We are not liable for any loss or liability resulting from any failure of your equipment or software, or that of an internet browser provider such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari, by an internet access provider, or by an online service provider, nor will we be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages resulting from your access to or failure to access an Online Banking or Bill Pay account.