Did you get an email saying that you answered a security question incorrectly? Please consider this to be a scam attempt and treat it accordingly.
Please note: FedChoice will never contact you by phone, text or email to request personal or account information, such as debit/credit card account number(s), social security number(s), account numbers(s), etc.
A sample of this email is shown below -
FedChoice makes every effort to keep our members informed about scams and the many ways that thieves will attempt to steal account information.
REMEMBER – FEDCHOICE HAS NOT AND WILL NOT ASK YOU FOR INFORMATION VIA TEXT MESSAGE OR E-MAIL. Our IT department is diligently working to have the website shut down to protect our member’s information.
Watch for the following clues to determine if a communication appears to be fraudulent:
- Contains an incorrect/unfamiliar web address and/or email address
- Includes an attachment for an unknown source
- References a "secure" page but the web address does not include "https"
- Account holders are referred to as customers; not members
- Account activity at a financial institution where you do not even have an account is referenced
Thank you for your understanding as we work to shut down the website associated with this scam.