Mechanical Breakdown Protection
Let’s be realistic. How many of us actually set aside a certain amount of money every month to handle unexpected car repairs? When you suddenly need a new transmission and the parts are no longer under warranty, what happens? You have to charge it, take money from your savings account or borrow from a family member to cover the bill. Guess what, there is a better way to handle this the next time!
The Route 66 Extended Warranty Program offers three different mechanical breakdown protection options. Practically any vehicle may qualify for this coverage, whether it's a new or used vehicle, paid off or newly financed and still under the manufacturer’s warranty.
There are numerous benefits to having piece of mind when you’re driving down the road, not having to worry about your vehicle breaking down in the middle of nowhere:
- $0 deductible on all plans.
- 30 day money-back guarantee – try out the coverage for 30 days. Cancel for any reason and the full cost will be refunded.
- 24/7/365 national emergency roadside assistance is provided and includes vehicle towing, jump starting, fuel delivery and lock-out service (up to $50 per incident).
- Rental car allowance of $35 or $45/day depending upon the plan selected.
- Open enrollment – coverage may be offered at any time! You may participate in the Route 66 extended warranty program at the time of loan origination, when refinancing or consolidating loans, when the vehicle is financed at another institution or even after the vehicle has already been paid off!
- Battery repair or replacement is covered (maximum $65 contract limit).
- Warranty is transferable – if you sell your car to someone else or pass it along to your child or grandchild, the coverage continues with the new owner of the vehicle.
- Plans start at $1,100, depending upon the vehicle, mileage, length of term, etc.
For details stop by a Financial Service Center to speak with a representative or call our Financial Advisory Center at 301.699.6151 • 800.969.6151.