Could You Benefit From Financial Counseling?
Have you considered financial counseling, but aren't sure if it's right for you? This self-assessment will help you determine if you could benefit from financial counseling.
Start by answering the questions below:
- Have you bounced a check more than once in the last 12 months?
- Do you know how much you owe to all your creditors at any given time?
- Excluding loans for your home and your car, have you borrowed money from multiple sources in the last 12 months?
- Have you been denied credit?
- Have you taken advantage of “skip-a-payment” offers more than once in the past 12 months?
- Is it difficult to pay your bills each month?
- Do you regularly pay bills after the due date?
- Has it been more than six months since you made a deposit to your savings account?
- Do you dread sitting down to review your finances?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating at work because of financial problems?
- Have you delayed receiving health or dental care because of the number of unpaid debts you already have?
- Do you have difficulty sleeping because of worries over finances?
- Have you used a payday lender?
- Do you use “courtesy pay” programs to cover checking account shortfalls on a regular basis (once every month, for example)?
- Do you regularly borrow money from friends and family to cover your monthly bills?
- Do you gamble or play the lottery in hopes of earning money to repay debts?
- When you call about advertised loan rates, are you told that you don’t qualify for special offers or low rates?
- Have you received calls from creditors or collection agencies in the past six months?
- Do you struggle to make the minimum payments on your credit cards?
Did you answer "Yes" to one or more of these questions? If so, you may benefit from financial counseling. Our partner, GreenPath Financial Wellness, has financial experts that take the time to understand your financial situation and develop a personalized plan that works for your individual needs. For issues ranging from a proactive savings plan to saving a home from foreclosure, advice is only a phone call or click away.
GreenPath counselors are available:
Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (CST)
Friday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For more information simply click here to use this service or call 1-877-337-3399 toll-free.