What is Direct Deposit?
Direct deposit is the electronic transfer of recurring funds (such as payroll, retirement, Social Security, or disability) into your FedChoice checking or savings account. It’s safer, more secure and more convenient than receiving your payment by check.
How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- On the Internet via Employee Express. Please note your agency must subscribe to Employee Express for you to use this service.
- By calling Employee Express. Your Human Resources office will have the phone number or you may call the Employee Express Help Desk at 478.757.3030.
- Pick up a Direct Deposit form at any FedChoice Financial Service Center or call us and we’ll mail you one. Our Member Care Center number is 301.699.6151 • 800.969.6151.
Click here for a printable form.
- Visit opm.gov/retirement-services and click on Services Online to sign up for direct deposit.
- Obtain a Direct Deposit form from FedChoice by visiting one of our financial service centers or calling us at 301.699.6151 • 800.969.6151.
All Other Members:
- Contact your Human Resources or Payroll Department for information.
What information is needed?
- The ABA routing number for FedChoice – 254074785
- Your FedChoice account number