Introducing the FedChoice Debit Account
If you're just starting to earn money at your first job or have never had a checking account of your own, our Debit Account might be a good option for you.
Or, if you've made some financial mistakes in the past that are preventing you from opening one of our "standard" checking accounts, this option could help you manage your finances.
- Your FedChoice Debit Card will be automatically generated once the account balance reaches $200.00. Deposits may be made via ACH, automatic payroll deposit or cash.
- Debit Card transactions only (This account does not include access to BillPay, Courtesy Pay, outgoing ACH transactions or Overdraft Protection) - It's intended to help you maintain a positive account balance.
- Check-free Account - Checks are not accepted for transactions or deposits* - No pending transactions to negatively impact the available balance.
* Checks issued by outside financial institutions may be accepted to make your FedChoice loan payments.
Your Visa® Debit Card may be used to make purchases directly from your account or withdraw cash from an ATM. Click here for a complete list of ATM locations nearest you.
Your Debit Card unlocks a world of new ways to interact with and manage your money. Use your Debit Card to complete transactions and control where and when your funds are withdrawn or added to your account.
- Enroll your Debit Card in Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay® to make quick and secure payments online or in store using your smartphone.
- Control how and when your cards are used with Card Controls. You can turn your cards on or off, receive alerts when transactions take place, and set personal spending limits to stay within your budget.
- With our contactless debit card, “tap to pay” wherever you see the Contactless Symbol at checkout. Tapping to pay is secure because each transaction generates a specific one-time code that is extremely effective in reducing fraud.
With your Debit Card, every transaction is covered by Visa's Zero Liability Policy*, which protects you from unauthorized charges. You can use your debit card with confidence no matter where you tap, dip, swipe, or enter your debit card information. Any funds taken from your account due to fraudulent use will be returned to you.
And, with Visa’s Zero Liability Policy, your Debit Card is continually monitored for suspicious activity. For online or phone purchases, you may also set-up a 3-digit security code to further protect your account from fraudulent activity.
*Covers U.S.-issued Visa Debit/check cards only. Does not apply to ATM transactions or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Individual provisional credit amounts are provided on a temporary basis and may be withheld, delayed, limited, or rescinded by your issuer based on factors such as gross negligence or fraud, delay in reporting unauthorized use, investigation and verification of claim and account standing and history. You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. Transaction at issue must be posted to your account before provisional credit may be issued. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer. Additional information is also available at http://visa.com/security.