During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic, FedChoice will help our members in the following ways:
Waive Withdrawal Penalties - If you need early access to the funds that you’ve saved in your Holiday Club Account or FedChoice Certificate, you may withdraw your money before maturity to help get you through the furlough. And, FedChoice will waive the early withdrawal fee/penalty!
If you would like to have early access to funds, please contact us.
Note: Dividends that would have posted at maturity will be forfeited if you choose to close your Holiday Club Account early. If, however, you leave the account open with a zero or any balance, accrued dividends will be posted on 10/31/20. Certificate dividends will be posted by FedChoice staff prior to making your withdrawal.
Offer Emergency Loan Options If you find yourself in need of financial assistance during the pandemic, we have two options for you.~
The Helping Hand Loan
To be considered for a Helping Hand Loan, the following criteria must be met:
- Must currently be a member of FedChoice.
- Must have had direct deposit with FedChoice for at least 90 days prior to application.
- You may receive up to 75% of your normal monthly direct deposit up to $5,000.
- 0% APR interest rate.
- 60 days until first payment.
- Repayment term is 6 months of via automatic payments.
- This loan does not require a credit pull.
You must select the Helping Hand Loan from the drop down when applying.
Long-Term Hardship Loan
To be considered for a Long-Term Hardship Loan, the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a member of FedChoice to take advantage of this loan. However, if you are not a member and wish to apply for membership, click here to learn more about our membership requirements.
- You may receive the equivalent of two month's net pay as the maximum loan amount (Pay stub must be provided as proof of employment).+
- Repayment terms
- 60 days until first payment.
- 6,12, 24 or 36 month repayment terms.
- This loan does require a credit pull. Interest rates starting as low as 1.49% APR for 6 month term, 2.49% APR for 12 month term; 3.49% APR for 24 month term; 4.49% APR for 36 month term.^
Applying for a loan as a nonmember also submits a membership application.
You must be a member of FedChoice to receive a loan from us. Review membership criteria here.
Offer an Additional Skip-a-Pay - Have a loan with FedChoice? You may qualify to take advantage of Skip-a-Pay on your FedChoice loan even if you have skipped a payment within the last 12 months. This option is available on vehicle loans, lines-of-credit, and personal loans.# VISA® credit cards, share secured (loans/credit cards) and real estate loans do not qualify for this program. Note: Interest will continue to accrue on your account.
If you would like to Skip-A-Payment, please contact us.
Refinance Your Auto Loan - Take advantage of our 90 days first payment option and take some time off from your loan. We make it quick and easy to apply online. Get a quick approval, automatic deductions and a streamlined application process. Ready to get started? Simply login to eBanking, select "Apply for a Loan" and then choose "Vehicle Loans" or click here!^
Speak With A Financial Counselor - We want to help you make smart financial choices, so we've partnered with GreenPath™ Financial Wellness. GreenPath is one of the largest and most respected credit counseling agencies in the nation. They work to empower you to eliminate financial stress, get out of debt, increase savings and increase your financial goals. Learn more about what GreenPath can offer you by clicking here. If you would like resources specifically for dealing with this Coronavirus, please click here.
FAQs - We Answer Questions We've Received - As the situation evolves, we’ve gotten a number of questions that we’d like to answer all in one place. View the FAQs here.
Consider the Following Options to Help Secure Your Financial Position During this Difficult Period:
Make Access Easy
- Sign up for eBanking to allow easy access to your funds.
- Download our Mobile eBanking app - stay in touch with your money. Mobile Deposit is available if you’re unable to access your local FedChoice Financial Service Center inside your building to make deposits.
- Consider an Instant Access Line-of-Credit – when added to your Checking Account, it means that you have funds when you need them.
Even More Ways to Save
- Own your car free and clear? Apply for a Clear Title Auto Loan – use a great low rate on an auto loan to consolidate high interest debt and defer your first payment for 90 days! Ask us for details.
- Consider a low interest rate Home Equity Line or Loan.
- Transfer your high interest credit cards to FedChoice with no-fee balance transfers!
- Consolidate student loans to save more money.
^ All credit is subject to credit approval. FedChoice underwriting requirements apply. APR = Annual Percentage Rate. APR is based on evaluation of applicant’s credit at time of application. Your actual APR may vary.
~Members may not have more than $35,000 total unsecured debt with FedChoice. If you already have an unsecured loan or line of credit with FedChoice, this will be taken into consideration.
+We may request paystubs to verify the amount of the loan that you qualify for.
#Your loan must be current to skip a payment. Additional conditions may apply, if you would like to skip your payment, please contact us so that we may review account eligibility.